In December 2021, Council and Town Staff held their two day Planning Session where they devoted over twenty hours in meetings to develop a strategy for 2022 in the Town of Niverville.
A preliminary budget has been reviewed and Council wishes to share the exciting things to look forward to in 2022. Initially, recognizing the increase in inflation in Manitoba, Council desired to keep taxes at a rate lower than what inflation was in 2021, resulting in a proposed tax increase of three percent, which represents two percent below inflation.
Some of the large scale projects being undertaken in 2022 include:
- the construction of a 6,000 square foot RCMP detachment;
- rehabilitation of the asphalt surface on PR311 between Arena Road and Krahn Road;
- expansion of street lighting west of the railroad tracks to Krahn Road;
- setting up the CRRC with backup power;
- expansion of the Water Treatment Plant;
- securing expanded Raw Water licensing;
- accessibility improvements to the Centennial Arena;
- work on three new or rehabilitated parks within Town; and
- begin pre-design efforts on a new Krahn Road intersection and road rehabilitation.
A PowerPoint presentation is available here.
Feedback on Niverville’s 2022 Budget may be sent to email@example.com