Animal Licensing Information

Online Animal License Application
Animal License Application (Print/download)

All dogs and cats (6 months and over) within the Town of Niverville are required to be licensed. You may have up to 3 pets per household. If you are within this number, please use the application form provided below. Proof of rabies and distemper vaccinations along with breed of dog must be presented at the time of application before a license or renewal can be issued. Licenses are $20 per pet, per year. If renewal is completed on or before the expiry date, the license will be a reduced fee of $15. Should a cat or dog be picked up by the Animal Control Officer, fines must be paid at the Town Administration Office before the animal can be retrieved. If a pet is picked up by Animal Control during a weekend or on a Statutory Holiday, the return of the pet may only occur once fines and fees have been paid at the Town Administration Office during regular business hours.

Please call 204-388-4600 or email

Animal Control Bylaw 819-20

Reporting Animal Welfare Concerns

Residents that have concerns over the well being of domestic animals should reach out to the Office of Chief Veterinarian (CVO) who implements the Animal Welfare Program. The goal of the program is to protect the welfare of animals through enforcement of the Animal Care Act in the province of Manitoba. Animal welfare concerns are investigated through this office.

Please notify authorities if you suspect any of the following:

  • Lacking adequate food and water
  • Exposed to extreme hot or cold
  • Not provided with suitable medical attention if wounded or ill
  • Confined in an area of insufficient space
  • Kept in unsanitary conditions
  • Confined without adequate ventilation
  • Not allowed an opportunity for sufficient exercise
  • Suffering, seriously injured or in extreme anxiety or distress
  • An unlicensed breeding operation or kennel

Please call the Animal Care Line at 204-945-8000 or 1-888-945-8001 or email the Complainant Intake Form from the website below and send to

More information can be found at

Concerns with Injured or Orphaned Wildlife, please contact one of the following:

  • Wildlife and Fisheries 204-945-6784
  • Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation 204-510-1855
  • Wildlife Haven 204-833-2122