Annual sewer cleaning is anticipated to begin this year on September 11th, and will take 1-2 weeks with no specific timeline for the affected streets. Here is some important information and tips for property owners in preparation for sewer cleaning.
Occasionally during sewer cleaning, air pressure builds in the sewer line causing water to splash out of toilets, sinks and drains. Please take the following precautions to prevent water damage in your home:
- Close lids and cover toilet bowls when not in use.
- Insert drain plugs in all sinks and bathtubs when not in use.
- Remove all floor mats in bathrooms.
- Place an old towel around the base of toilets.
- Cover all basement floor drains.
Sewer cleaning on rare occasions may leave an odor in the home. If this is the case, run some water down all the sink and bathtub drains, flush toilets, pour a pail of water into each basement floor drain and open your windows. After a short time the odor should go away.
The following streets will be affected by the sewer cleaning this year:
- Center Street
- Arena Road (to Lift Station)
- Line from Prairie Crossings Court
- Ritchot Drive
- Church Street
- Drover’s Run
- Tweed Lane
- Dochart Gate
- Saint Andrews Way
- Carnoustie Cove
- Troon Cove
- Saint George Place
- Lytham Place
- Muirfield Cove
- Birkdale Cove
- Aberdeen Drive
- 3rd Ave S (Main Street to Lift Station)
- Main Street