Sewer cleaning will be taking place this year during the week of September 12th. The following streets will be affected (please note that there is no specific timeline for affected streets):
- Main Street
- Prairie Trail
- Prairie Crossings Court
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Street North
- 2nd Avenue North
- Heritage Trail
- 1st, 2nd & 4th Street South
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th Avenue South
- South Park Drive
- Aspen Avenue
- Linden Place
- Redwood Place
- Elmdale Place
Some helpful tips for residents:
Occasionally during sewer cleaning, air pressure builds in the sewer line causing water to splash out of toilets, sinks and drains. Please take the following precautions to prevent water damage in your home:
- Close lids and cover toilet bowls when not in use.
- Insert drain plugs in all sinks and bathtubs when not in use.
- Remove all floor mats in bathrooms.
- Place an old towel around base of toilets.
- Cover all basement floor drains.
Sewer cleaning on rare occasions may leave an odor in the home. If this is the case, please run some water down all sink and bathtub drains, flush toilets, pour a pail of water into each basement floor drain and open your windows. After a short time the odor should go away.