September 14, 2020
As noted in our latest newsletter, sewer main cleaning will start today, Monday, September 14, 2020.
Occasionally during sewer cleaning, air pressure builds in the sewer line causing water to splash out of toilets, sinks, and drains. Please take the following precautions to prevent water damage in your home:
– Close lids and cover toilet bowls when not in use.
– Insert drain plugs in all sinks and bathtubs when not in use.
– Remove all floor mats in bathrooms.
– Place an old towel around the base of toilets.
– Cover all basement floor drains.
The following streets will be affected: (Please note that there is no exact route or timeline)
Saint Andrews Way
Saint George Place
Hampton Drive (Errington way to Beaumont)
Sewer cleaning on rare occasions may leave an odor in the home. If so, please run some water down all sink and bathtub drains, flush toilets, pour a pail of water into each basement floor drain and open your windows. After a short time, the odor should disappear.