March 18, 2020
Niverville’s Local Emergency Response Control Group met with Town Council last night to discuss the next steps in the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as it relates to Town functions and services.
The following decisions have been made:
- Effective March 18, 2020 – the Niverville Town Office will reduce hours (open to the public) to 9 am to 4 pm (Monday to Friday). Where possible, please connect with Town staff by phone at 204-388-4600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org; all calls and emails will be routed to the respective department.
- External and onsite meetings are being minimized as much as possible. Virtual meetings can now be arranged upon request.
- Council meetings are still scheduled to take place in April – for any upcoming public hearings, residents may send their opinions to the Town at email@example.com as an alternative to attending the meeting. If you have questions on a particular proposal, please send them in advance so that a response can be provided prior to the hearing.
- Niverville Recreation has cancelled all programs until April 15th, 2020. This situation will be reviewed around April 1st, with an update to be provided at that time.
- The Niverville Centennial Arena and Niverville Curling Rink are closed until April 15, 2020.
All communication from the Town will be put on the Town’s website www.whereyoubelong.ca, the Town’s Facebook page, and Twitter @TONiverville.
Residents are also asked to note that as per directives from the RCMP, Criminal Record Check applications and Traffic Accident Reports will not be processed in the Town Office until further notice.
Remember to follow the Province of Manitoba for the latest updates on the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html