Town Project Updates July 25 2018
July 25, 2018
Click "Read More" for this weeks update on Town projects.
6th Avenue Project: starting this week
- 6th Avenue South will be closed just south of Errington Way.
- Traffic will still be able to flow north off Errington Way, but not south.
- Cambridge Way will be a no-exit during construction.
- Thiessen Towers (6th Avenue Apartments) residents will be able to enter/exit onto Sheffield Way only.
- 6th Avenue South will be closed at Crown Valley. You will not be able to get onto nor leave via Crown Valley from 6th Ave S. during construction.
- Please do not move, or go around the barricades, they are there for everyone’s protection and the road is closed.
Projects continuing this week:
- Water is continuing to be pumped from the lakes in Fifth Avenue Estates into the wetlands. Crown Valley will remain closed from Foxdale Way to Claremont Drive for at least the remainder of this week.
- Work on the Main St sidewalk and boulevard from 2nd Avenue South to 3rd Avenue South is continuing and should be completed early next week.
- Work is on-going this week on the new dugouts at the baseball diamonds.
New Projects this week:
- Dochart Gate is scheduled to be paved on Wednesday July 25th, 2018. No parking on the street please.
- Paving is scheduled to occur on 3rd Avenue South by Word of Life and NCI on Thursday July 26th, 2018. Please be prepared for delays at the 5th Avenue South and 3rd Street South intersection throughout the day.
- Construction on Drovers Run mall and Dairy Queen began this week. Please pay extra attention while walking on the sidewalk near this construction.
- Sidewalk rehabilitation by the Water Treatment Plant is expected to begin early next week once Main Street has been completed.
- 4th Avenue South (between 151 and 241) a new sidewalk will be installed. Town staff will be by to answer any questions and advise of anticipated start date.
- New 2-hour parking signs have been installed across from the Heritage Centre on 2nd Avenue South to bring parking restrictions in line with the bylaw. Bylaw enforcement will be monitoring this area for compliance.